Frequently asked questions about dental veneers
What are dental veneers?
Dental veneers are thin shell-like structures that are attached to the front part of your tooth. People with chipped cracked or crooked teeth get dental veneers. They enhance the appearance as well as support the jaw. There are two types of dental veneers, composite veneers, and porcelain veneers.
Which is better porcelain or composite veneers?
It depends on the tooth structure. Porcelain veneers are perfect for broken, stained, or teeth that have gaps in between. Whereas, composite veneers are recommended for those that have minor defaults.
When should I get dental veneers?
When your daily routine does not make any changes in your tooth color or you accidentally break your teeth. You can also get dental veneers if your teeth are chipped, cracked, or away from each other.
What problems can dental veneers fix?
Out of many cosmetic problems, these are the problems dental veneers can fix:
- Damaged tooth (could be an accident or tooth decay)
- Misaligned tooth
- Missing, cracked, chipped, or deeply stained tooth
- Irregular shaped tooth
- Gapped tooth
- Worn-down teeth
- Discolored tooth
Are dental veneers permanent?
An average dental veneer lasts around 5 to 10 years. They are easy to maintain and don’t require any major changes. However, you can visit your dentist for a regular checkup to keep track of your veneers.
What is the process of dental veneer application?
The process of dental veneer is quick and simple.
- Preparing the tooth – To prepare your tooth for the treatment, your dentist will give you an anesthetic shot. Removing the enamel to make space for the veneer’s fixture would be the next step of preparation. However, it is possible that your dental veneers are not ready yet. So, your dentist might fix a temporary one.
- Veneer application – The day finally arrives. Your dentist will polish your teeth, clean them, and then fix the veneer at the perfect position. And that’s it! You can now check your bite and return for another appointment to track your gum health.
What are the pros and cons of dental veneers?
Dental veneers are one of the most successful cosmetic dentistry treatments to enhance the appearance of teeth. But it is evident that every treatment has some pros and cons. Let’s have a look at them:
- Enhance the smile.
- Fix minor or major dental issues.
- Instant teeth whitening.
- An effective way to replace injured enamel.
- Expensive treatment.
- Not suitable for sensitive teeth.
- Irreversible treatment.
How to take care of dental veneers?
Dental veneers are one of the easiest to maintain. With regular brushing and flossing, you can take care of your teeth and dental veneers at once.
How much do veneers cost in Canada?
So, once you decide you get a dental veneer. A question might strike you, how much do veneers cost? Well, the average price of dental veneers in Toronto is around $450-$2000. It depends on various factors. However, you can get the best dental services at our clinic. Call us now to book your appointment!